Page 19 of 21

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:24 pm
by BigAl
Knives Out wrote:Blolz.


WHAT THE *f-bomb*, UTAH?

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:36 pm
by Troy McClure
Don't even need to skate by with an electoral college win.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:16 pm
by ToddM
Wait, Oklafuckinghoma is pulling for the Stars? I officially switch my allegiance.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:20 am
by cdanew
ToddM wrote:Wait, Oklafuckinghoma is pulling for the Stars? I officially switch my allegiance.

That's based entirely on my twins being at OU this year.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:27 am
by Math
And VT ? The green state ?

O_o

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:51 pm
by Jason



Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:23 pm
by slaps
I would love for McKenna to get a job as a TV analyst. Dude’s great at conveying information.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:35 am
by cdanew
slaps wrote:I would love for McKenna to get a job as a TV analyst. Dude’s great at conveying information.

I think he works for the Vegas broadcast team.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:37 am
by ScubaSteve
People are gonna be pissed when we let Dobby walk in 10 days.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:47 am
by Math
Already made myself a reason

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:32 am
by Troy McClure
ScubaSteve wrote:People are gonna be pissed when we let Dobby walk in 10 days.

I'd rather keep Dobby than Bishop. Bishop is often hurt.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 am
by ScubaSteve
Ehh Bishop is pretty good. Dobby is not a starter, he has caught magic in a bottle for these few weeks, which happens sometimes. But Dobby is probably going to get more on the open market than we’re currently paying Bishop. The prudent decision is to keep Bishop.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:39 am
by Troy McClure
Even with load management and maintenance days, Bishop still breaks down a lot. Khudobin has never been a starter.

With either guy, I'd expect Oettinger to see 30+ starts beginning as early as next season.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:49 am
by B Kat
ScubaSteve wrote:Ehh Bishop is pretty good. Dobby is not a starter, he has caught magic in a bottle for these few weeks, which happens sometimes. But Dobby is probably going to get more on the open market than we’re currently paying Bishop. The prudent decision is to keep Bishop.

Even with Khudobin’s playoff heroics, at 34 do you really think he’ll get a 5 million dollar contract? There are also a few good UFA goalies Holtby, Lehner, Markstrom, plus Kuemper is reported to be available. All younger than 34. He’s definitely going to be in demand, but I think the Stars still have a shot at signing him. Add in the flat cap and I feel like many teams are gonna be more prudent with their dollar this year. Ha ha I know.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:07 am
by cdanew
B Kat wrote:Add in the flat cap and I feel like many teams are gonna be more prudent with their dollar this year. Ha ha I know.

I keep thinking the flat cap, depressed revenue streams and general uncertainty are going to severely impact free agency deals. But then I see some of the contracts which have been signed or the asks from folks like Pietrangelo and wonder if I'm totally off base.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am
by Troy McClure
cdanew wrote:
B Kat wrote:Add in the flat cap and I feel like many teams are gonna be more prudent with their dollar this year. Ha ha I know.

I keep thinking the flat cap, depressed revenue streams and general uncertainty are going to severely impact free agency deals. But then I see some of the contracts which have been signed or the asks from folks like Pietrangelo and wonder if I'm totally off base.

For teams, this may be the best off-season to have limited money to spend because this is not a good UFA year for forwards, so after Hall and Hoffman get overpaid, there isn't much else to fight over.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:40 am
by B Kat
TSN article about Dallas' D trying to survive TB, including a buncha those fancy shot stats, I don't fully understand.

Dallas has proven this postseason that they can win in a variety of ways. The Stars proved capable in a high-flying, up-tempo second-round series against an Avalanche team with incredible offensive firepower. The Stars then faced a completely different animal in the Western Conference final. Vegas expectedly owned the puck all series long, hemming the Stars into the defensive zone on a regular basis. There, the Stars leaned on quality interior defence and white-hot goaltending from to advance.

Tampa Bay poses a different challenge. They have the individual shooting talent at the top of their lineup that compares well with the likes of Colorado, but they also can possess the puck for extended periods like Vegas. That’s why the Lightning have been regarded as the most talented team in the league for a few years now, and it’s tested Stars head coach Rick Bowness.

https://www.tsn.ca/dallas-blueliners-ju ... -1.1529713

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 pm
by slaps
Troy McClure wrote:Even with load management and maintenance days, Bishop still breaks down a lot. Khudobin has never been a starter.

With either guy, I'd expect Oettinger to see 30+ starts beginning as early as next season.

Khudobin has been given a starter's workload in the past and failed badly. He's an excellent backup but not "the guy."

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:11 pm
by Knives Out

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:22 am
by Knives Out

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 am
by Knives Out

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:35 am
by ScubaSteve
I love how they very specifically phrase that to exclude Hull.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 am
by Knives Out

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 am
by Knives Out
Miro remains our playoff scoring leader with 26 points (6G 20A) in 26 games now.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:59 am
by The Frugal Gourmet
Any chance for Hintz or Faksa to come back next game? Feel like we are on fumes and could use fresh legs.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:19 am
by wonko80
Holy crap, I could never make this kind of move. I'd just run into the other dude or, if I tried this, I'd break both my ankles.


Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:28 am
by BigAl
ScubaSteve wrote:I love how they very specifically phrase that to exclude Hull.

CAPTAIN AMERICAn born

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:21 am
by dyhp
The Frugal Gourmet wrote:Any chance for Hintz or Faksa to come back next game? Feel like we are on fumes and could use fresh legs.

I'm thinking Faska broke his hand???

I remember him hurting his hand in game 3 of WCF. He finished the game but obviously hasn't been seen since.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:22 am
by ScubaSteve
Yeah, Faksa is probably done. No clue about Hintz or Comeau.

Re: 2020 Stars RR & Playoff Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:29 am
by B Kat
Comeau appeared to hurt his shoulder. With three games out now, I'm not too hopeful.